12 oz cold roast beef
Boiled potatoes (leftover or boiled for this dish)
4 large onions, thinly sliced
2 tabsp oil
½ pint beef stock (made with beef juices and/or OXO cube)
2 oz cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 200C/Gas mark 6
- Slice roast beef and cut into bite-size pieces. Arrange in a shallow 10 x 6 inch oven-proof dish.
- Slice boiled potatoes and arrange over the beef.
- Saute sliced onions in oil until golden and tender. Spread evenly over the boiled potatoes.
- Pour over beef stock
- Sprinkle over cheese.
- Bake for 20 mins until dish is piping hot.
- Serves 3-4