100g/4oz butter, softened
140g/5oz light muscovado sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
100g/4oz walnuts, chopped
2 ripe bananas, mashed
225g/8oz self-raising flour
- Preheat oven to 180C/gas 4/fan oven 160C.
- Butter and line a 1kg/2lb loaf tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar, then add the eggs.
- Set aside 25g/1oz walnuts, then fold the rest into the creamed mixture with the bananas and milk.
- Fold in the flour.
- Spoon into the tin and sprinkle over the reserved walnuts.
- Bake for 55-60 mins
- Stand for 10 mins, turn out and cool
4 thoughts on “Banana and Walnut Loaf”
Tried this at the Big Bite last Sunday and enjoyed it. Took the recipe and baked it this afternoon. Yummy!
Thanks for the feedback Chris – glad you enjoyed it!
And made another couple today. Comfort food for my wife!
Thank you for helping me out ,I have the recip books but can not find at this moment