100g/4oz butter, softened
140g/5oz light muscovado sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
100g/4oz walnuts, chopped
2 ripe bananas, mashed
225g/8oz self-raising flour
- Preheat oven to 180C/gas 4/fan oven 160C.
- Butter and line a 1kg/2lb loaf tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar, then add the eggs.
- Set aside 25g/1oz walnuts, then fold the rest into the creamed mixture with the bananas and milk.
- Fold in the flour.
- Spoon into the tin and sprinkle over the reserved walnuts.
- Bake for 55-60 mins
- Stand for 10 mins, turn out and cool