4 tbsp butter
I med onion, finely chopped
Leftover mashed potato or roast potatoes, chopped
Any leftover vegetables, cabbage, swede, carrots, peas, brussel sproats, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix potatoes and other vegetable and mash, season with salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan melt the butter, add the chopped onion and fry gently for 3 mins or until soft.
- Turn the heat up slightly and add the mashed vegetables.
- Fry for 10 mins turning over in the melted butter two or three times ensuring the potato and vegetables are thoroughly reheated plus you are aiming to brown the outside edges but not to burn the bubble and squeak.
- Press the mixture on to the base of the pan with a spatula and leave to cook for 1 min. Flip over and repeat.