9 oz butter
7 oz caster sugar
3 large eggs
9 oz SR flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Zest 2 oranges (or lemons )
1 tsp mixed spice
4 oz each: grated carrot and courgette
Zest 1 orange or lemon + 2-3 tabsp juice
5 oz icing sugar
- grease and line 2 x 20cms round cake tins with parchment paper.
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan oven/gas 4
- Beat together all except carrot and courgette.
- Stir in carrot and courgette
- Divide between the 2 tins and bake approx. 25mins…or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool, then mix juice with icing sugar to give a thick but drizzly icing. Sprinkle with the zest.
- Can be frozen if top covered with parchment paper