175g softened, unsalted butter
2 tbsp fresh, unsprayed, finely chopped lavender leaves
100g caster sugar
225g plain flour
25g demerera sugar
- Lightly grease 3 large baking trays.
- Put the softened butter and lavender into a bowl and beat together.
- Beat the caster sugar into the lavender butter and then stir in the flour, bringing the mixture together with your hands and kneading lightly until smooth.
- Divide the mixture in half and roll to form 2 sausage shapes 6in long. Roll in the demerera sugar. Wrap in foil and chill until firm.
- Preheat oven to 160C/gas 3/fan oven 140C.
- Cut each sausage into about 10 slices and put on baking trays, allowing a little room to spread.
- Bake 15 to 20 mins, until pale brown at edges.
- Lift off trays with a palette knife and cool on a wire rack.