A true store cupboard recipe, with only 4 ingredients … and a Pandemic recipe with NO FLOUR! Result – a nice crunchy biscuit.
|200g peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)|
175g caster sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 180c /160c fan/ G4, and line 2 large baking trays with baking parchment.
- Put peanut butter, sugar and salt into a bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Add egg and mix again until the mixture forms a dough.
- Break off cherry tomato sized chunks of dough and place, well spaced apart, on baking trays. Press the cookies down with the back of a fork to squash them a little.
- The cookies can now be frozen for 2 months, cook from frozen adding an extra 1-2 mins to the cooking time.
- Bake for 12-15 mins, until golden around the edges and paler in the centre.
- Cool on the trays for 10 mins, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Store in a airtight tin for up to 3 days.