1.8 kg red plums, halved and stoned
375ml red wine
mulled wine spices (e.g. cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves or whatever you like)
piece orange zest, without pith
1.8 kg granulated sugar
- Put plums and wine in large pan.
- Place spices and zest in a spice ball or muslin bag and add to pan.
- Bring to boil and simmer gently for 15-20 mins or until plum skins are soft.
- Remove spices and add sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- Bring to boil and boil rapidly for about 10 mins, or until setting point. Remove any scum.
- Pour into sterilized jars and seal and label.
- Makes 6lb jam.