1 kg onions
6 cloves garlic, sliced
700 g peppers
1.6 kg tomatoes
Basil/Thyme/Parsley – lots
140g tomato puree
1 tin chopped tomatoes
500 g courgettes
s and p
- Heat plenty of oil in a large pan.
- Chop onion and slice garlic and add to pan, start cooking slowly.
- Cut peppers into med chunks – add to pan.
- Cut tomatoes into big chunks – add to pan.
- Add chopped herbs, tomato puree and tinned tomatoes
- Cut aubergines and courgettes into big chunks – add to pan.
- Stir frequently until merged.
- This will have taken about 1 hour. Then cook slowly for a further 1-2 hours until aubergines and courgettes are tender, stirring from time to time.
- Freeze in boxes (1 large ladle-ful = 1 serving)
A batch can be defrosted and used as a side vegetable or in another dish (e.g. covering chicken breasts for 30-40 mins at 180C)