approx 1 kg rhubarb, before trimming
600 ml vinegar
1 kilo soft brown sugar
2 chopped onions
6g ground ginger
½ tabsp mixed spice
1 tab undiluted orange squash
- Cut rhubarb into even sized pieces.
- Put all ingredients into a large pan.
- Heat gently, stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to boil and simmer, uncovered, for 40-45 mins, or until thick.
- Pour into 5 x 450g jars and cover.
3 thoughts on “Rhubarb and Orange Chutney”
Hi I’m going to try Recipe Tomorrow. Sue Pinnock .Boneyhay and Chase terrace WI
let us know how it goes Sue, hope its good.
Hope you enjoyed it Susan