1” sticks of rhubarb
3 rounded tabsp granulated sugar
100g / 4 oz cooking margarine
100g / 4 oz soft brown sugar
1 level tsp ground ginger
Approx 100g / 4oz cornflakes
- Using a 3 pint round casserole dish, half fill the dish with washed and uncooked rhubarb
- Add granulated sugar – leave to one side
- In a medium saucepan melt cooking margarine or butter.
- Add brown sugar.
- Simmer gently until sugar dissolved.
- Take off heat and stir in ginger.
- Stir in cornflakes
- Cover rhubarb with the cornflake mixture.
- Bake in centre of medium oven for approx 25 minutes – until the rhubarb has softened (check with a knife).
- Turn oven down as cornflake mixture starts to brown
- Serve hot or cold with custard or ice-cream