225-350g/8-12ozs broccoli fresh or thawed if frozen
Salt and pepper
8 slices of cooked turkey meat or turkey trimmings
4 slices of cooked ham
300g/12oz condensed chicken or mushroom soup
3 tablespoons of white wine or cider
4 tablespoons of thick mayonnaise
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
40g/1 ½ oz fresh breadcrumbs
25g/1oz of grated cheddar cheese
- Cook the broccoli is boiling salted water for 2 minutes for frozen or for 4 minutes if fresh.
- Drain well and lay in a greased shallow ovenproof dish.
- Arrange the turkey slices (or pieces) and ham over the broccoli.
- Combine the soup, wine or cider, mayonnaise and lemon juice and season well.
- Pour over the turkey.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and cheese and sprinkle evenly over the dish.
- Cook in a preheated oven (220C425F Gas Mark 7) for 25-30 minutes until well browned and bubbling.
NB This can be made with all turkey.
Contributed by: Maggie Hartley