Ingredients for Enchilada Sauce
1 small onion finely chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove crushed
1 tsp smoked paprika (use hot if you like it spicy)
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
400g tin chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp brown sugar
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp cider vinegar
To Make Sauce
1. Soften onion in olive oil
2. Add garlic, smoked paprika, oregano, chilli powder, ground cumin and cook for 30 seconds
3. Add tomatoes, brown sugar, vinegar and seasoning and cook over a low heat for 20 minutes until thickened.
4. Remove from heat and blend.
Ingredients for Enchiladas
1 onion sliced
1/2 red pepper deseeded and sliced
1/2 yellow pepper deseeded and sliced
1&1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove finely chopped
1 red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
300g turkey cut in strips
4 flour tortillas
50g grated cheddar cheese
To make the Enchiladas
1. Fry onions and peppers in olive oil until just soft and slightly caramelised.
2. Add the garlic and red chilli and cook for a further 30 seconds.
3. Stir in the turkey and half the enchilada sauce.
4. Lay tortillas on the work surface and divide the turkey mixture between them.
5. Roll tortillas into cigars and arrange in an ovenproof dish. Spoon remaining sauce over the top and scatter with grated cheese.
6. Bake in oven (Fan 170, Gas 5) for about 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbling, melted and golden brown.
Contributed by: Chris Hunter